Mary S. Lipton, Ph.D.
Mary S. Lipton
- FTICR mass spectrometry resource for biological research
- Ultra sensitive approach for globally and quantitatively monitoring gene product expression
- Proteomics of Yersina pestis
- Rhodopseudomonas palustris microbial cell
- Proteomics and mass spectrometry
- Comprehensive analysis of the proteome of Deinococcus radiodurans
- Determination of metal reduction by Shewanella onedensis
- Direct characterization of DNA damage from ionizing radiation
- Postdoc., Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, 1993-96
- Ph.D., Biochemistry, University of South Carolina, 1993
- B.S., Chemistry, Juniata College, 1988
- University of South Carolina's Distinguished Young Alumnus Award, 2005
- PNNL Outstanding Performance Award for Funding of the proposal "Environmental Sensing, Metabolic Response, and Regulatory Networks in the Respiratory Versatile Bacterium Shewanella oneidensis MR-1" under DOE-OBER's new Microbial Cell Program
- PNNL Woman of Achievement, 2001
- EHI Performance Award, PNNL, 2000
- EHI Performance Award, PNNL, 1999
- Outstanding Team Performance Award; PNNL, 1999
- Radiation Research Student Travel Award, 1995
- Platform Presentation: International Symposia on Radiation Damage to DNA, 1994
- Radiation Research Student Travel Award 1994 Travel Award / Invited
- Lilly Travel Grant Award for the Seventh Symposium of the Protein Society, 1993
- Bouknight Outstanding Teaching Award, 1992
- Member of Protein Society Member of American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Member of Radiation Research Society
- Member of the American Chemical Society
Masselon CD, L Pasa-Tolic, N Tolic, GA Anderson, B Bogdanov, AN Vilkov, Y Shen, R Zhao, W Qian, MS Lipton, DG Camp, II, and RD Smith. 2005. "Targeted Comparative Proteomics by Liquid Chromatography - Tandem Fourier ion cyclotron resonance Mass Spectrometry." Analytical Chemistry 77(2):400-406.
Romine MF, DA Elias, ME Monroe, KJ Auberry, R Fang, JK Fredrickson, GA Anderson, RD Smith, and MS Lipton. 2004. "Validation of Shewanella oneidensis MR-1 Small Proteins by AMT Tag-based Proteome Analysis." OMICS. A Journal of Integrative Biology 8(3):239-254.
Lipton MS, L Pasa-Tolic, GA Anderson, DJ Anderson, DL Auberry, JR Battista, MJ Daly, J Fredrickson, KK Hixson, H Kostandarithes, TP Conrads, C Masselon, LM Markillie, RJ Moore, MF Romine, Y Shen, E Strittmatter, N Tolic, HR Udseth, TD Veenstra, A Venkateswaran, K-K Wong, R Zhao, and RD Smith. 2002. "Global Analysis of the Deinococcus radiodurans R1 Proteome by using Accurate Mass Tags." Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. 99, 11,049-11,054.
Smith RD, GA Anderson, MS Lipton, L Pasa-Tolic, Y Shen, TP Conrads, TD Veenstra, and HR Udseth. 2002. "An Accurate Mass Tag Strategy for Quantitative and High Throughput Proteome Measurements." Proteomics 2(5):513-523.